Wednesday, March 21, 2012

#6-Burberry A/W 2012

Burberry, arguably considered a designer media empire, has showcased quite the show at Hyde Park for LFW. Inside a transparent tent (that seemed like a giant greenhouse), both the sun & the inside lights shone down, making the white runway look brighter. Christopher Bailey's taste in clothes is as exquisite in his taste in music. As the models strut down the runway, they were accompanied by the melodic sounds of Ella Rae, Joan Amatrading, & Marina And The Diamonds. The fall A/W collection carried colours of mustard, browns, greens, burgundy & greys as well as eplum silhouettes cinched waists, quirky owl tees, newspaper boy hats & of course the classic trench. The finale was surprisingly dramatic as a simulated thunderstorm rains down on the tent & fake rain showered down on the guests inside. As the models appear once more in a single file line, they carried umbrellas to shield themselves from the  "rain". The umbrellas are not ordinary of course; the umbrellas had studded handles & striped designs ( both motifs which were present in the collection). Christopher Bailey is a true genius & after watching this show, it reminds me why Burberry is one of my favourite labels. 











1 comment:

  1. Your post is great! I loved Burberry's collection! The mustard color is definitely my favorite accent in his collection- I can't wait to start wearing it! I was never really a HUGE fan of Burberry- but this collection definitely caught my attention. It's adorable and I would actually wear a lot of the things that came down the runway! And of course the music was amazing! (which made me love it even more)

    Can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete